Monday, July 16, 2007

Much Ado About Nothing


Last night, Miss Erin and I went to an outdoor production of ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ by William Shakespeare. It was absolutely spectacular.

The set was magnificent! It was set to a Mexican theme; there was a huge archway in the middle of the stage, surrounded by layers and layers of beautiful colorful fabrics. These materials were multi-purpose. Some created exits and entrances, some made great hiding places for Beatrice and Benedick (if you are familiar with the play) and some were just there to create the stage.

Once the play started I felt like I was right there with Claudio and Hero, Beatrice and Benedick, and mad as a hornet at Don John for hurting these wonderful people. This shows how amazing all the actors were!

After the play, we went up to some of the actors and actresses. They were really really surprisingly nice. We had seen the actress who played Beatrice in another shorter version of ‘Much Ado..' earlier this year, so we had a very nice talk with her and got her to sign our program. We also got some more people’s autographs. I’m still shocked on how talkative and nice they were.

This is probably one of the best plays I have ever been too. All those who live in my home town (you know who you are), go and see this!!!!

Still recovering from a spectacular evening….

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Yahoo for Much Ado!

Erin said...

THIS PLAY ROCKED SO MUCH I JUST CAN'T GET OVER HOW GOOD IT WAS!!!!!

*huge grin*

Jessica said...

Wow! I wish I could've seen it! Wow-w!..

Hannah said...

Hey, i found your blog off of Erins. That sounds like a wondeful show!