Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dedicated Fan

Joe Jaszewski / The Idaho Statesman

My Broncos played two days ago (Thursday night) and they smashed their opponents (Southern Mississippi) 38-16. Dad and I were able to watch the game, but that was easier said then done.


It was an early game in Idaho so it started about 7:30ish here. We started out at a sports bar with a huge TV, but really no sound since there was loud music playing. Through out the night it got really smoky (cigarettes from people around us) but we were watching our Broncos and there was no way we were going to leave.



But, then about 9:30, karaoke started. Yes, it did. The first two people were actually pretty good, but then the third person started and wow...his talent was NOT singing. The smoke got so bad I was having a hard time breathing and so we left.



We raced home, got some blankets, chairs, and I got my inhaler and Dad and I went down to our apartment’s exercise room. It was the only other place that had a TV. So, we sat there in the freezing cold (yes, they keep it very very cold), filling our lungs with clean air and screaming for our team, the Broncos.



It was a wonderful game and we were up till about 11:30 on a school night, but it was all worth it.

*sighs*



9 comments:

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Wow, you sound pretty diehard. :)

Traci said...

yes, I am!

Hannah said...

hahahaha!! I love football stories like that!! ;) This week, Georgia was not on... so i went to the fair! lol. But they beat OleMiss!!!! :D

Erin said...

Yay you!

Jessica said...

Sounds so fun :) Great!

Unknown said...

Fun! What an adventure!

Unknown said...

Beautiful header, btw!

Anonymous said...

You mean I missed out on the karaoke singing? Rats.

Michelle said...

Wow, you are SO dedicated! That is really a funny story (although I bet it wasn't too funny right then).