Friday, July 11, 2008

The TV Show LOST. (no spoilers)

I don’t watch a lot of TV, probably because we don’t have cable. But, that doesn’t mean I’m out of the loop. Lost has been rising steadily on the charts and with the season finale (it ran for 7 years) being this year even more advertising has been going on. While surfing online, I figured out that I could watch the first 4 seasons of Lost online, for free. FOR FREE! ;D Anyways, I started and couldn’t stop. As of right now, I’m through the 3rd season heading to the 4th.

The reasons I like this show are many.

The quality acting: Being stranded on an island would be a very emotionally scaring event in your life. Different people would experience different things, tempers would flare and kindness would abound. The cast in this show has to make it real and they do for me.
Plot: The storyline in this show is just so cool. Yeah, 30 some odd people survive a horrific plane crash and are not able to make contact because where they are is not exactly on the map, but hey, nothing is impossible right? ;) Anyways, the way everything ties together through all the seasons is pretty impressive. Even though I haven’t watched the end of season seven I’m almost positive that questions will be answered that were asked in season 1.

Continuous surprises: Kind of continuing on from the plot, the surprises in this show are shocking. A lot of times I can predict the endings of movies and shows or guess the next “shocker” scene. I’ve guessed only a couple so far, everything else has been so unique. ..
Many emotions I get: *whew* I can’t tell you how many times I felt for these characters. My gut dropped when they came upon a hard challenge, I giggled for joy when they succeeded, my stomach hurt when they were in pain, and when they were sad or when someone or something died the sorrow I felt was hard to deal with.

Now, you may ask me: Traci, why are you still watching this show when at some point it completely takes over your emotions. My answer is: because I like it. To me, when a book, movie, or person can mess with my emotions it is well written, well done, or well spoken. My goal in writing and acting is to be so powerful and so open that I can let people into my emotions while opening theirs up. People talk about drastic ways to change the world; recycle, think green, minimize driving time, etc.

All of these ideas might or might not help us in the future, but I think that before the world is changed we as people need to be more willing to understand other people’s feelings and emotions as well as our own.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Yay Lost! This was a very good post, Traci. :D

So, omygosh, I finally saw Season 2 Episode 1...so here's another emotion to add to your list: It was so happy it made me cry.

****SPOILERS FOR SEASON TWO EPISODE ONE****

hospital...unsuccessful surgery...him telling her...are you pulling my chain?....him so emotional, "no"...her: then why can I move my toes?....A Miracle.
THAT. Was powerful.

And ohmygosh it was way freaky, too! I mean, the Irish guy he saw in the stadium is one of the OTHERS???????? *gasp gasp gasp*

****END SPOILERS****

Erin said...

Oh, and I also had to say, sometimes I can get really intimidated by these actors. Cause they all are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. And I feel like, how could I ever hope to be that good?
But at the same time, they are also very inspiring... :)

Sherry said...

That was a good post Traci. You almost have me convinced to start watching it again, almost...

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

That is the same way I watch it: online. :)

Hannah said...

Whoa. I want to watch it now. ;)