Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier

How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier

Parking Fairies: Fairies who help you get the best parking spaces anywhere, anytime.

Yep, that sounds amazing, but for Charlie it’s the worst thing that could ever happen to her. Why couldn’t she get a shopping fairy or a good hair fairy? The problem with Charlie’s particular fairy is that her family is always wanting her to accompany them every possible event where the parking is so called, “impossible.” This gets old after 14 years. She is continuously looking for a solution to her problem until one day she gets a lead on a possible way, but it could involve danger and maybe even ultimate death.

The title to this book is really luring and I was really excited when it came in the mail. I couldn’t wait to read it. While the story idea was definitely interesting it lacked plot development and the characters were pretty shallow. I was left with unanswered questions and a slight misunderstanding of everything.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah...the main character reminded me in a way of Demi Lovato's character Mitchie in Camp Rock, now that I think about it. Someone I can't relate to because I'm not the type of girl who would do the sort of things that Mitchie or Charlie did just so I could "be somebody."

Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Hmm, too bad. Sounds like an interesting concept though.

Christy said...

That looks like a really good book! I'll have to add that to my "to-read" list!