Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to...

ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER
It is Mr. Webber's 60th birthday today!

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber is arguably the most successful composer of our time. He is best known for stage and film adaptations of his musicals Jesus Christ Superstar(1973), Cats (1994), Evita (1996), and The Phantom of the Opera (2004).

Now, the reason I am noting this on my blog, is not because I like the guy. I like his music. I personally think he's kind of creepyish and I have slight problems with some of the music he has written. But, regardless, he is an amazing composer and has written some of my favorite songs.
Here they are below: ENJOY!


Phantom of the Opera

I do have some issues with this song (Jesus Christ Superstar), but my favorite person on Grease: You're the One that I Want sung it, and I thought she did a really good job!

Memory from the musical Cats

3 comments:

Erin said...

It is also Stephen Sondheim's birthday!! Like Andrew Lloyd Webber, he is a Broadway composer. He did the music for West Side Story and Sweeney Todd, among others. :D

Traci said...

;D

Hannah said...

I love the Phantom of the Opera! And i really liked her singing 'Jesus Christ Superstire'