Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Trip

My first quarter ended in school and so I decided to go and visit all my friends back home over my two week break! :D I was able to be there for about 10 days and it was so fun! Talking with people I haven't talked with for 3 months, walking in my neighborhood, going to church, chatting at my favorite coffee house, visiting everyone where I used to work, hanging out with my good friends, filming Antigone with even more of my friends, etc.

Ok, so what you have been all waiting adventures on the trip back. Miss Erin's family dropped me off at the airport which was very nice of them. I had a good amount of time to myself so I ate and read! I then read some more once I figured out that my plane was going to be 45 min. late. It was 8:14 p.m. when we finally landed in Chicago(midway) and I had to catch a flight at 8:50. But, when I got there I realized that almost half of the flights were delayed because of the weather, including mine. 4 hours. Departure time: 12:45 a.m.

So, I went and had dinner. Then, stood with a bunch of other sports fanatics and watched the two games that were being displayed on the TV's. A baseball game and a football game. ;) A guy from my flight came up to me and we started chatting. He was very nice and it was nice to have someone to talk with. I went and checked the status of my flight. *ouch* 1:30 departure. Ok, so now what. Lots of people were going to sleep, but I couldn't sleep, too much was happening! I finally sat down and was reading, but it was really loud because a bunch of drunken college kids were wheeling around in wheelchairs flirting and yelling at everyone. Yeah, that was weird. Finally, a lady updated us on our flight. It was coming in early and we could be boarded by 12:30. WAHOO!!! Once we were on the plane, everyone was laughing and joking around. It was late, give us a break. The flight attendants were so tired that they kept on slurring their words on the mike then laughing uncontrollably. Anyways, everyone was ready to go, but for some reason we weren't taking off. Then, these two policemen come on the plane. Uh-Oh. They go to the back of the plane then after a minute or so escort four people off the plane. A flight attendant explains in so many words that they were drunk. I found this funny, because more then half of the people on the plane were intoxicated, but tthe people who were taken out people had not kept their mouths shut and had made a nasty comment to one of the flight attendants. Finally at 1:30, the words that everyone was waiting to hear: "we have been cleared for departure!"

I landed in my home airport around 4:10 and wasn't in my bed until 5:00 a.m. I slept in till about 11:00 a.m. then lazed around and went to a party that night to end my fall break. ;)

Thank you to the family that kept me and fed me and everyone else (you know who you are) who drove me around and did helpful things! Thank you also to all my friends who took time out of their busy lives and spent some time with me! Love you all!!


Sherry said...

Wow, what a trip home! Did your parents get any sleep that night? Glad you're home safely.

Erin said...


sounds like FUN.

Traci said...

My dad got about 2 1/2 before and then about 3 or 4 afterwords. :D

He was surprised when he found out that I didn't sleep in Chicago or on the plane. I mean how could you? It was the perfect oppourtunity to people watch! ;)

Cristina said...

Waho! That is crazy Traci! What an experiance! I am glad that you made it safely, though! I don't think I would have been able to sleep either.

At A Hen's Pace said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to O'Hare! Next time...maybe you can see some of the REAL Chicago!



Polka Dotted Pickles said...

Woo hoo! Sounds fun. :)

The Drama Ditz said...

Whoaaa, that's crazy stuff! (:

Sounds like you've spent more time in O'Hare than I have. And I live in Chicagoland! (: