Sunday, June 17, 2007

Shakespeare Time

Since being involved in a Shakespeare Challenge (see post here), I've been reading lots and lots of Tragedy’s. Here are some comments on what I've recently read.




Hamlet: One of the first Shakespeares I read. I literally couldn't put it down. This would be so amazing on stage..*wishful thinking*


Romeo and Juliet: I had high hopes for this story and wasn't let down! A true lovers tale. In a play I would be Juliet.

Sweet, so would I. Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing. Good Night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.
-Juliet


Julius Caesar: This tale had many famous lines that were really fun to read! I learned what my Latin teacher was really talking about when she said, "Et tu Brute". I felt oddly happy at the end...werid. I would love to play Brutus, but because of the gender issue, my second choice is Calphurnia.


Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
-Antony


P.S. I am going to horse camp this week..so I will be back in the blogging world Sunday or Monday. :D

1 comment:

Erin said...

Can't wait to read Hamlet! I'm taking it on our trip.