Monday, June 2, 2008

lovely quotes

Maman rolled her eyes. “She’s never at home these days. Rehearsals, costume fittings, special lessons – she is always going somewhere.”
“You don’t mind?” asked Dr. Leclerc.
“Of course not,” I said. “I love singing. I love performing. I don’t mind traveling at all.”

-For Freedom: The Story of a French Spy by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
~~
I let Emmett do the talking as I slip through the stack to breathe in the books. I do so love the smell of fresh ink and clean, white pages with fine printed words. I run fingers over the binding. Oh, I wish I could check out a hundred books for me….
-Gentle's Holler by Kerry Madden
~~
And where better could she learn the trade than in a house full of magical creatures, where fairies built their nests in the garden and books whispered on the shelves by night? As Mo had said: writing stories is a kind of magic, too.
-Ink Heart by Cornelia Funke

3 comments:

Erin said...

THOSE. are great.

Hannah said...

I LOVE THOSE!! Especially the first one! :)

Sherry said...

Yep, they're terrific.